Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Hunger Games Series


As I sit here in my moms house still recovering, the windows are open, and I can hear the rain, it seems like it is the perfect day to curl up on the couch with a good book. I use to read a lot more as a child than I do now. I'm pretty sure college is to blame for that. There is so much reading that has to be done that there is very little time to read something for pleasure. Now I have the time so I have started to read again.

I have forgotten how much I love it. There is nothing better than picking up a great book that has your attention from page one and then finally tearing your self away from it and realizing that you have been reading for hours and it's now way late and you know that you will be exhausted the next day at work but at the same time you know it was worth it.


As late as I am to this party I just got done reading The Hunger Games Trilogy. There are three books, The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay, and I loved ever single page of them! I won't tell you a lot about the books because I don't want to give away the endings but I do think that ever single person needs to go and pick up these books and read them. However, I will warn you that the books are a tad messed up. There were several times, while reading the books, that I was like they are doing what? Can that really happen? The great thing about the book is that they aren't very long and are very easy to read. There is a little bit for everyone in these books, there's some action and adventure and even a little under tone of romance.


After I got done reading the third book I felt a little sad the series was over. To be honest I would have loved a few more books. I definitly felt that there could have been at least one more book to wrap up the series, but that would be my only negative regarding the series. The good news is that if you read these books and love them they are in the process of making them into movies. The first one, The Hunger Games is filiming right now and will be out March 23rd, 2012. There are so many things in the book that I can't wait to see come to life and I can't wait to see how they do it.

So now that I'm done reading these books I think that I am going to head out to the book store and pick up The Help. The movie is actually coming out today and it looks really good but I do think that I want to read the book before I go and see the movie. I'll keep you posted on how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment