Sunday, February 14, 2010

Loss, Love and Legacy

Early this week, after watching many many episodes of Bones, Amanda and I were talking about what people would find on my bones. Would they be able to tell that I had shoulder and knee injury from swimming? A wrist injury from rowing? And do I really have dents on my shins from getting in and out of the pool? It's weird to think about.
This weekend I went to a Women's retreat at my church called Loss, Love and Legacy. It was a study of the book of Ruth, and really pretty interesting. For those of you that aren't aware I have struggled with my faith of the last few years and just recently been able to start to feel secure in it again. It was really good to be around women that were older than I am and had lived parts of their lives. They were able to give me advise on how to handle different situations and give me lots of hope. I'm not sure if they are aware that they touched me in the way that they did but it was really amazing.
This weekend really got me thinking about what my legacy would be. I know that I want my legacy to be positive, who would actually want to leave a negative one? But what is it suppose to be? Recently I have had the feeling that I am being pulled away from the path that I am currently on but I am unsure as to where I am being called and what I am being called to do. This is really hard for me to admit because I don't like to feel as though I am not in control of my life.
So what am I suppose to do now? Sit back and wait? Am I suppose to move in the direction that I think that I am being pulled?
What I do know is that I am not called to be on the path that I am on, so something is going to have to change. For now I guess my plan will be to sit back, pray, listen and try to move in the direction that I think I am to move in.
So to tie all together, when we leave the world we are not looked at in just the physical aspects but also in the spritual. What will people see about you? What footprint are we leaving on the World?
Just some things to think about. I'll talk to you all later. Bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment