Sunday, March 28, 2010

Reflections


Yesterday was my 26th birthday and I always sit down and try to spend some time reflecting on the last year. I really feel like I have started to come into my own this year. It has taken me a long time to get to where I am at and to be confortable with who I am.
I think that the best thing I have down for myself in the last two years is to stay single. For so long I measured how much I was worth on if I had a boyfriend or not, which lead to me staying in a 5 year relationship that was not healthy in any way shape or form. Getting out of it and a way from that person was the so difficult at the time but looking back it was the probably the best thing that I have ever done for myself.
The last year I spent focusing on myself, being happy with who I am, and developing my relationships with my friends and family. I really feel like this year I have been able to grow with in those relationships. My friends and family really have become the most important people in my life. I am so truely lucky to have them in my life.
The last few birthdays I've never been very optimistic about the year comming but I think that I am really looking forward to this comming year. I have some great trips planned, and we are getting to add some new members to our family. So all I have to say is bring it on!!!
*************************************************************************************
On a totally different note I had a great time at my birthday party last night. It was so much fun to get to hang out with some of my favorite people and just get to relax, talk and have a few drinks. We went to the Lonney Bin and the first guy was fairly funny, I loved the second guy and the last one was funny, but I definitly enjoyed the second guy more! We then went to Backstage, where we havn't been since college. It was a great time. It was nice to do something with everyone this year since last year it snowed three inches and we weren't able to do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment