Sunday, March 27, 2011

27 on the 27th

Today I turn 27 and as I always do on my birthday I try to take some time at the end of the day and sit back and reflect on the year I had. As always the year has brought some downs but mainly it has brought a ton of ups! And what I contribute those ups to are the all the amazing people that I am lucky to have in my life. With out them there is no way I would be where I am.

There are so many blessings in my life and I know that I don't appreciate them! I have been blessed with the best family any one could ask for, amazing friends that have been there for me through so many things, I have a job, which is something that many people can not say, and I have been able to be part of the lives of some really cool kids. Of course these are only a small number of the blessings in my life and there are some things that I wish were different but it is on days like these that I realize that I have a pretty great life and that God has a plan for me.

However, there is one thing missing from this years celebration and that is my Grandmother. I was the first grandchild on my dads side and I am one of only two girls. Needless to say I was spoiled by her. She was an amazing woman and I miss her so very much. The only regreat that I have is that I did not spend more time with her. But I do have some of the best memories of her and I feel so lucky to be able to call her my grandmother. I know that one day I will see her again but for now she is looking down on me and helping to protect me.

Last year brought many changes for me but for the most part they were good ones. And this is something that I have not been able to say the last few years. Each year seems to get a bit better and better so I have high hopes for this year. And if you know me for me to have a glass half full perspective about something is a big, no a huge deal! There are all ready so many great things planned for this year that I am really looking forward to and I know that there are things that I can't even imagine coming.

Today I got a chance to spend it in the best way I can imagine, breakfast with my girls and lunch with my family. I really could not have asked for a better birthday!

Well I have done really well at posting on here the last fews days, I am hoping that I am able to keep it up. I guess we will see, I think that I am out of topics for a while.

Good Night for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment