Sunday, April 3, 2011

Through A Childs Eye

I may not have kids of my own and probably won't have one any time soon but I am so lucky to be able to be part of the lives of so many great kids. My friends have some amazing kids and I get to be there for some pretty cool moments.

Aboud a week or so ago I got to go to the Zoo with some of those great kids and it was amazing to me what they were excited about and what we thought they should be excited about. There were a few times when we would try and point out an animal that we thought was cool and all they could look at is the duck or goose walking around. But one of the coolest moments was when I have Ledger and Austin right up next to the glass by one of the gorillas and they had such big eyes. It was so cute when the gorillas would look at them they would lean back away from it and then it would turn away and they would move forward a bit but then the gorilla would look at them again and they would lean back. They would giggle each time the gorilla would look at them. It was like they were playing a game with the gorilla. It reallu was such sweet and innocent fun.

And most recently I got to go with Adam and Andrea when they took Austin to the Drive-In. I really had forgotten how much fun you could have there. It was so much fun to watch Austin there. He certainly gave us a few funny one liners while we were there. We did have to "encourage" him a few times with candy so he would smile for a picture or two. I was so afraid to give him to much and then he would be up all night but about 20 minutes into the second move he was out! We went and saw Hop, which for any of you out there is a great movie, and it was fun to watch him and see what he found funny. I think a few times he laughed because we were laughing but I know for sure there were a few times we were laughing more because of his reaction than to how funny it really was.

There is something very sweet, innocent and special about seeing things through the eyes of a child. It can help to remind you is really important in life. When life seems to be getting me down and I feel like things are getting to stressful just spending a few hours with these kids can make all that stress go away. I am lucky beyond words to be a part of the lives of these children and I can only hope and pray that I will get to continue to be. Right now there is not much more that is important to me than being Auntie Tegan. I just hope one day they know how much they mean to me.

Good Night for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment