Thursday, April 21, 2011

Oh Kansas City it is never boring!

So I'm sitting here on my couch watching How I Met Your Mother as my photos from Kansas City upload on to Focaebook. It is always really iteresting to go through all the pictures from the night before when there are a few drinks involved. Ok... You caught me... Maybe there were more than a few involved. Anyway, it was a great night and a ton of fun!

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Aladdin, now before you ask, NO there were not magic carpet rides! I know, I mean how can you name a hotel Aladdin and not have magic carpet rides ;) It did however have a room genie and a pillow menue which was interesting. What was great about the hotel is that it is within walking distance to the Power and Lights Distric, which is where we were going to go to dinner and the concert. And from our 13th floor hotel room we had a great view of some cool old buildings in downtown KC!



We started out night at the Flying Saucer for dinner which is a really cool place with an old english pub feel that has a ton of beer on tap and some what good food. Usually I have no clue what kind of beer to get so to keep myself from going to my fall backs I just hand the menu over to Kammie and she tells me what I want. Well last night ever beer that we wanted they were out of, which got a tad frustrating and caused me to go end up with my fall back one. I guess Stone IPA, no real clue who that is but they are suppose to be really good, released some new beers that day and apprently by 6 on a Wednesday night they were out of them. Yeah that seems weird to me too!

After dinner we headed over to the concert. We knew that we were going to see Adeltias Way, which we have seen twice, Framing Hanley, which we have seen once and LOVE, and then Sick Puppie, which we haven't seen. But to our surprise there was a fourth band, Madam Adam, and they were so very good. It was hard to actually hear them since the sound mixing was a little off, but we did buy their CD and we love them now! We also got the chance to meet them afterwards and they are some of the nicest guys!



The rest of the night was a ton of fun. Complete with making friends with two 18 year old boys that were standing behind of us, getting to know that bartender that by the end of the night was calling us by name and high fived us at we left, getting kicked in the head as people crowd surfed, meeting a girl who looked just like a girl I went to high school with and one of us having a huge fall and the other standing on the corner laughing and not offering a bit of help. All the band were amazing and put on one heck of a show. I was very impressed with Sick Puppies, who lead singer looks like Chad Michael Murray but with an accent! We ended out night at the Frans, a yummy 24 hour diner but with a modern twist and a bar attache to it, eating the best biscuts and gravy I've had in a long time! We then took a short walk back to the hotel and crashed for the night.

The alarm went off what seemed to be pretty early this morning and found both of us hurting a bit, one more than the other. Slowly we got ready, packed up and headed out to lunch. No trip to KC would be complete wihout a trip to the Cheesecake Factory. We ate a very yummy lunch and headed for home. I'm pretty tired tonight and can't wait to go bed. All in all it was a great night!

Good Night For Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment